Thursday, February 23, 2012

Howdy Doody Tooty Fruity


      Hello Blogland! Been awhile since I’ve logged in…truth be told I’ve started a blog post a few times only to stop before getting a coherent sentenced typed out.  A lot of the time I sit here with my laptop staring at the screen with a cocked head thinking “WTF am I going to write?” I live a relatively boring, mundane life and envy those that can not only blog every day/weekly but actually have something interesting to say. In any case I suppose I could at least let you in on what I’ve been up to this past month. 
     
 As far as my diet I’m UP a few pounds WHOMP WHOMP. My drive and motivation pulled a “Thelma and Louise” - I’m kicking myself because I was doing so good! I tell ya this food has such a grip on me it’s unbelievable. I had a few pretty wild years when I was younger; tried just about every drug under the sun, had a really fun time, but never once found myself getting sucked in the way food seems to just encompass my brain. It’s the closest thing to a true addiction that I think I’ve ever faced. I have this all or nothing mentality when it comes to food. Either I completely deprive myself or I completely give in. I can’t seem to do the “have one bite and move on” that one bite always leads to me wanting more. I really need to find my happy medium, my 30th is fast approaching and I’m no closer to my goal than I was a month ago. I’m not delusional I know I won’t make goal in a month, but my overall goal is still attainable. I don’t want to waste another DECADE battling the bulge, I refuse to.

     Other than eating anything and everything this past month I’ve also been working like crazy - We just moved to a new office space and broke in a new intern from Singapore (From NUS studying at Stanford) fun times. I’ve also been working in my son’s class a lot.  Anyone that says Teachers are paid enough need to actually spend some time in a classroom – I’m exhausted after just a few hours. Still hitting up the thrift stores, garage sales and estate sales. My Mom and I went to one this past weekend - a total time warp. This was easily a two million dollar house, beautiful on the outside but a delightful mess of a time capsule on the inside. The woman that lived there out lived her husband and kids and hoarded everything after their deaths. It wasn’t filled to the ceiling with cat poop or anything but it was definitely a haven for dust and cobwebs. I chatted with the family for a bit, very lovely people and I’m always glad to see when family is present for these estate sales – It’s still a bit weird for me as a shopper and I’m sure for them, but a lot of the time I find they like to discuss their family member and the belongings finding new homes with folks like me. Speaking of thrifting I am a bit closer to opening an etsy store. I’ve been measuring and researching getting ready to finally photograph all my wares. All in all a pretty uneventful month - you see why I had a hard time keeping up with my blog? Pretty boring stuff…

On the Horizon…This weekend Ran and I are going to a taping of America’s Got Talent in San Francisco. Ran is a longtime Stern fan so I’m sure he’ll be trying to see how many times he can scream “BA-BA-BOOEY” before we get kicked out…

I did manage to photograph some of my recent thrifty purchases. Some things I’m keeping. Others will eventually be Etsy bound…

 
These little guys are cute, but have absolutely no business being in my house they'd be broken in no time flat. I think they would make darling little terrariums though.     

This is one of my favorite recent finds and I got a set of FOUR! that never happens. They are porcelain (Heavy duty) soup/salad sets. I've seen these priced $30-$50 bucks a pop I paid $3 dollars a set. Plus I think they might be vintage, the bowl has a GDR stamp on the bottom.

Cute little daisy coat hanger.


This vintage skirt screams "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" but I couldn't pass it up. It has the cutest candy colored buttons. Unfortunately I'm not a waif so I won't be donning this skirt.
Super cute tribal print skirt falls mid-calf and I love it - Can't wait for summer.
I loved this skirt from the Target Missoni line but wasn't about to shell out the big bucks for it on ebay. I found it at Goodwill for $4.99. Yup, Goodwill gets Target merchandise that hasn't sold (clothing/shoes at least)  3 months after it hits the store floors. So if you missed out on the Jason Wu line check Goodwill in a few months.
This was a pretty sweet find too REAL Missoni shoes. $5 bucks whaaaat!


Oh I'm also babysitting this little guy and his two buddies (Dogs) I've currently got 4 dogs and 1 turtle in my little 2 bedroom house. I feel a bit like Ace Venture when they all gather around me. Luckily, they all leave tomorrow with the exception of my two loveable mutts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment