Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 19

  I had crazy cravings tonight. I almost completely gave in. I'm not really sure why, but I just really wanted everything I couldn't have; it didn't help that we were at a Holiday lights show with all kinds of yummy treat filled booths but I've had little to no appetite/cravings for the past week - I was quite enjoying that. I've had really intense cravings before when dieting, to the point where the only thing I could think of was that chip/cookie/cake and my body would literally ache until I got it; like a junkie waiting for their next hit. I'm not sure why this past three weeks I've been able to get through those cravings when in the past I've given in every single time. Actually I know why, this blog. I know nobody really reads it, or actually very, very few people read it, but for some nutty reason I feel totally accountable to it and I don't want to post about being a failure. I don't know why I care, but I do. And I really think I have an excellent shot at hitting my goal.

Here's what passed my lips today:

Breakfast: Creme Fraiche scrambled eggs and bacon - coffee.

Lunch: Usual Friday Indian lunch: Tandoori Chicken, Paneer Masala, Chicken Kofta, Aloo Palak (minus Aloo) and Salad.

Dinner: I had a chili dog made with Half a CK hot dog bun and this awesome chili that I found online. It's made with black soy beans instead of regular beans so the carb count is super low. It's not quite as thick as regular chili, but for the carb count you can't beat it. It's shelf stable so it makes an excellent travel food. If you've been reading my blog you know I'm all about convenience foods so this was right up my alley.

with Cheddar cheese topped with Onions and Sour Cream. Yeah, I like my Hot dogs kinda burnt
I bought mine at locarbu, but if your not in CA Netrition would probably have the best shipping deal.



=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Cute conversation I had with my son this morning, it went like this: A little back story, I make my sons lunch everyday and Friday's he gets to take a Lunchable. His favorite is the Pizza.

Me: Hey, Ethan do you want me to make a sandwich or do you want a Lunchable today?

Son: Um, sandwich Mom. I want a healthy lunch today.

Me: Really? Ok. But it's Friday your Lunchable day. Are you sure?

Son: Yeah, put an apple and an orange in there too. And NO treat.

Me: What's going on? Did someone tell you something? No treat, really?

Son: I just want to be healthy today. No treat but ONLY today, Mom. You can start the treats again on Monday.

  My son is 7 years old and highly susceptible to Nick Jr. - so I imagine there must have been a very special healthy episode of Dora the Explorer on this morning because any other day he's making negotiations with me to get extra pieces of his Halloween candy with his lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment