Friday, December 9, 2011

DIY Disaster

   So remember when I mentioned here that I had done some crafting? Well, I'm finally getting around to posting my results - you'll see why below I didn't rush to show you all the fruits of my labor. About a year ago I noticed some crafty chicks on craftster had made some pretty sweet versions of ruby red slippers. I had to have some myself. I found some old shows I didn't wear anymore, took a trip to Joann's and picked up some sequins and glue. I grossly underestimated how many yards of sequins I would need and only had enough to cover one show. In the closet all of it went, until a few weeks ago when I decided to finally finish it. Went to Joann's again picked up more sequins and got to work finishing the other shoe. Here is the finished project. See if you can find where I went wrong...




 You see how one is slightly more red than the other? Yeah, note to anyone attempting this BUY ALL OF YOUR SEQUINS AT THE SAME TIME. I should have known this, being a knitter and all that even sequins have different dye lots. It may not look very noticeable in the picture (or maybe it does) but in person it was quite obvious. You'd think this was the disaster part wouldn't you? But you'd be wrong. After wearing them all around the house doing my little turns on the catwalk I decide I like them and I can still rock these. The very next day I walk into my room and find my shoe looking like this, or rather what was left of it.




Our darling new 5 month old puppy Colt thought this was his shiny new chew toy. Notice how there is very little sequins actually there - yeah he ate most of it. He had shit that would make Liberace jealous. Needless to say I was pissed, but look how adorable he is I couldn't stay mad for long.




What are the lessons we learned here: 1)Buy enough sequins the first time around and 2)Keep your finished projects away from your pups - unless sparkly shit is your thing of course :p


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

   Oh and I've decided to forgo writing about my daily menus unless I've eaten something new or interesting. I feel like posting menus of meals that I've already mentioned in past posts is pretty boring and I don't really think anyone is helped or interested in what I eat every day, right? Seriously my day to day meal habits are quite boring. If I manage to whip up something good I promise I'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment