Thursday, January 5, 2012

Going to a Luau?

  So in keeping with my resolutions I decided to "dress up" today. You may look at my outfit and think that's dressed up? Yes, for me this is more put together. I wasn't lying when I said my daily wear is t-shirt and jeans. Quite literally jeans, converse and a a top usually made of cotton. When I walked into the office today my lovely boss remarks "Going to a Luau?" Apparently he thought I was really colorful today. I work with a bunch of dudes and I think that was his way of saying I look nice; at least that's how I'm choosing to take it.



My pup Colt decided he wanted to be in the pic too.

~Shirt, Thrifted $3
~Jeans, Ross $10
~Shoes Target $8 on sale
~Necklace, gift

 This top is a perfect example of my thrifting clothes golden rule: If you like anything about an item on the hanger - try it on. I passed this top up twice because 1) it's 2 sizes to big and 2) because I thought it looked a little bridesmaidish/matronly. I finally decided to try it on and I'm glad I did: It's comfy, hides my gut and I love the color. So many times I've passed on items because there was something I didn't like about it on the hanger. So now if I like anything about an item, and I can get into it I will try it on. This is a good  tip to keep in mind when clothes shopping in general. I did take this in a bit on the sides and the fit is much better now.

  Sorry about the decapitated look. It's been a long day; I have no make-up on and my hair's a mess so yeah not gonna see my face today.

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous in that blue top, really flatters your skin, you should dress like this everyday! We have similar interests- thrifting, crafting and food. :-P thanks for dropping by my blog btw.

    Mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete