Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 or BUST

Knock knock. Who's there? It's 30 and I'm right around the corner.

I've promised myself that I will be healthier aka "Thinner" by the time I turn 30 (in March). For the past decade I've been hovering around 200lbs - currently at about 210, ugh. My childhood and teen years I was a rail. People would always comment on how skinny I was; give my mother nasty looks for "not feeding me". It all started when I met my "Husband" (We're not married but we've been together 11 years and have a son together so for blogging sake I'll refer to him as my Husband) We were pretty young, I was 19 he was 25 and we were broke living out of a garage in a house full of skaters. I think we ate pasta and butter every day for weeks, occasionally we had sauce and on a good day we had garlic bread to go with it. Though we were broke, we were happy and life was good. Obviously one cannot live on pasta and butter and keep a girlish figure - I was no exception. Years went on a few of them tumultuous, Our son came along and dieting and exercise took time that I just couldn't figure out how to factor in. Plus, come on unhealthy food is so freakin' good. I really just love food. Now I just need to learn to love the right foods.

So there it is. I'm putting it all out there for everybody (or nobody) to see. I'm hoping this blog will keep me accountable when nothing else has. Maybe I'll be brave enough to post a picture, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment