Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 9

Breakfast: Half a CK Bagel with Cream Cheese and Coffee

Lunch: Sweet Tomatoes with the work crew - ate Salad and Minestrone Soup (Picked out the Pasta)

Dinner: Other half of the CK Bagel, made a chicken sandwich. Small Salad

Made some Coconut Bark. Surprisingly good. Here is the base recipe, but if you Google you can find all kinds of variations. I found mine at lowcarbfriends.com.

3Tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil (I used unrefined because it's what I had)
2Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
2-3 packets of Splenda (I used 3 or 4 drops of Liquid Splenda)

Opt: I added chopped nuts

Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Break it up and enjoy! Will need to store leftovers in the Freezer or fridge - So obviously this doesn't really travel well.

I think this recipe is definitely a keeper. I've been burned many a time by low carb recipes that were supposedly good, so I'm very reluctant to try new recipes especially dessert, but this was good.




No comments:

Post a Comment